First off, we hope everyone is safe, healthy and doing well. We know this isn’t business as usual and it’s far from anything any of us would have predicted even in our wildest dreams just a few short weeks ago.
We are actively monitoring the current situation our world faces with the rise of the coronavirus pandemic and we wanted to share some of those details with our customers.
We’ve implemented a series of preventative health measures for employees with everything from increasing the frequency and intensity of cleaning to adjusting our practices at work to ensure the recommended social distancing guidelines, to ensuring no one enters our facilities that is sick. We are continuing to review this every single day and working to identify additional ways to improve on these measures.
As such, we wanted to provide you with some updates from our end and outline the following measures we have taken:
- Ensure every employee has access to gloves and a mask during their shift – this is something we are very proud of since most grocery store workers you may encounter and even Amazon employees do not have this at the moment
- Provide cleaning and disinfectant products to each and every station, as well as spray down our inbound and outbound mail deliveries with disinfectant
- Have the facilities professionally cleaned and disinfected by a third-party on an ongoing basis
- Temporarily increase hourly wages for all employees for any hours worked between 03/23/2020 to 04/10/2020
- Enforce a strict sick policy with daily checks
- All devices sold to our customers are placed in sealed plastic bags before they are packed in shipping boxes
We will continue to uphold the highest heath standards and guidelines set by CDC Policies and encourage everyone at home to do the same.
That being said, we are asking for your help too. BEFORE you send in a device to us, please do your part to ensure a healthy and safe environment for our staff:
- Clean and disinfect your items PRIOR to shipping them off to us
- Remove any cases and wipe down the actual item with disinfectant, rubbing alcohol or any other cleaning agent
We are also providing some general guidelines and best practices during these tough times to remain safe at home in your daily lives:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, objects and anything else you come in contact with
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and get all the nooks and crannies. (We are providing an image below on the correct way to wash your hands)
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- Stay home if you are instructed to and oblige by all Federal and State guidelines
We know we can get through this together so we urge you to please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Stay safe and speak soon.
All the Best,
The BuyBackWorld Team