Find My iPhone is automatically activated if you have iOS 7 or later installed on any of your Apple devices. As a result, activation is automatically blocked by a new user, which does not allow BuyBackWorld to find a new owner for your device. Because of this BuyBackWorld will not be able to honor the full Instant Quote value of your device if it has an activation lock on it from the Find My iPhone feature.
The good news is that It is still possible to clear your device. All you need to do is follow the simple instructions below:
- Go to http://www.icloud.com and login using you Apple iCloud account (NOTE: this is the same account you use on your device for iTunes.)
2. Click All Devices at the top and locate the device you sent to BuyBackWorld.
3. After a few moments, iCloud will finish updating the location on each of your devices and the device you sent to BuyBackWorld will be offline (there will be a gray circle on the left, and an "X" button on the right.)
4. Click the X button to remove the device from your account, and then click Remove from Account on the next screen to confirm
5. If you received an email from our QC Team asking you to complete these instructions, please respond to the email to let us know you've removed your iPhone from the Find My iPhone feature so we can continue to process your device. There will be instructions inside the email we sent you to login to your account and click on the Required Action tab to indicate you have taken care of removing iCloud from your device.
To verify that you have successfully removed the iCloud Activation Lock from your device, please visit Apple's website here and enter your IMEI or Serial Number. If you have successfully removed iCloud, it should tell you that your device is clear to be activated by a new user. If you continue to experience issues on removing iClould, please contact Apple support directly.
That’s it. Your device can now be inspected and your offer will be processed for payment with no issues!
PLEASE NOTE: If you are still in possession of your Apple device that is iCloud Locked and haven't mailed it to BuyBackWorld yet, you can disable the Find My iPhone feature by following the simple instructions found here.
If you still aren't able to remove the device from your iCloud account, please contact us at [email protected] for further assistance.
This whole process should take you less than 5 minutes and will help you receive the full Instant Quote value of your device with no issues.