This is a very important question so we’re glad you asked. Our goal is to make selling your used Apple products online the fastest and easiest way on Earth so here’s what we recommend you do before sending your device off to us:
1. Accessories to Include with your Apple device:
- For iPhones, iPads and iPods we do NOT require accessories to be sent in with your trade-in (unless Brand New in Box SEALED) Please do NOT include any extra accessories such as protective cases because we are unable to purchase them and cannot return them to you in the event of a Return Circumstance.
However, for MacBooks and other Apple Desktop products such as iMacs and Cinema Displays, please be sure to include the appropriate cables/chargers and OS disks whenever possible.
2. Deactivate Your Existing Account from your Apple device
- iPhone/iPad If you are sending in a device which has a mobile connection (iPhone or iPad with 3G/4G connection), please make sure to deactivate it from your mobile carrier's account so it is clear for activation by a new user.
- Deactivate iMessage - Please deactivate iMessage from your old device so you continue to receive iMessages on your new device. To do so, click Settings--> Messages --> move iMessage slider to OFF
PLEASE ALSO REMOVE YOUR DEVICE FROM ICLOUD LOCK ("Find My iPhone") BY FOLLOWING THE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS HERE: Removing iCloud
- MacBook/iMac Please make sure to deauthorize your Apple computer prior to sending it in by following the simple instructions found here
3. Remove Your Passwords – Make sure you have removed all passwords so we can get into your device quickly and easily with no delays
4. Back up and Restore Your Data - Perform a factory reset and/or data wipe on your device. Don’t worry if you don’t know how or forget, we’ll take care of it for you as part of our standard inspection process. Unfortunately, once we receive a device and wipe it, your data cannot be retrieved if you did not perform a backup for yourself. This is a security measure meant to protect your confidential data.
5. Charge Your Device - Charge your device up and then turn it off so once we receive it is ready to be inspected with no delays
6. Include your Packing Slip inside your box or padded mailer so we can quickly and easily identify your order with no issues
7. Securely pack your device up to ensure a safe delivery to us
We’re excited you decided to sell your old Apple devices to us and we want to make it easy for you so we’ll let you know as soon as we receive your package in-house and provide status updates at every step along the way.