Unlocking your iPhone from the T-Mobile network is a fast, easy and free way to increase the amount of your BuyBackWorld Instant Quote by allowing your iPhone to work on other networks besides just the T-Mobile network. Most T-Mobile customers are eligible to unlock their old phone after upgrading to a new device, but a full list of requirements is displayed below:
- The device MUST BE a T-Mobile device
- Your account is in good standing
- You have purchased your device from T-Mobile or an authorized T-Mobile dealer and activated it on T-Mobile service (must provide proof of purchase if T-Mobile is unable to verify purchase)
- Your device has been active on the T-Mobile network for 40 days and IS NOT reported as lost, stolen, or blocked
- You paid for your device in full (if you are under a service contract, you have made monthly payments for at least 18 consecutive months on your plan, or have paid a migration fee for the device)
- If you are on a Prepaid plan, you have had more than $50 in total refills on the device
- If you are a former customer, your account balance is zero and you did not port out a line associated with the device during the buyer's remorse period
- You have requested no more than 2 SIM unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months
More information is available directly from T-Mobile Support
Once you have verified your device is eligible to be unlocked from T-Mobile, please follow the below steps.
Request an Unlock from T-Mobile:
- Get in touch with T-Mobile Customer Care using one of the methods below, and tell them you need to SIM unlock your phone
- Call 611 from a T-Mobile phone, or 877-746-0909 from another line
- Or, go to Contact T-Mobile and choose "Chat now"
- Have the following information ready:
- Primary account holder's information (name, last 4 digits of SSN)
- Email address (to receive further instructions)
- Account number (found on My T-mobile or on your bill)
- Mobile number for phone to be unlocked
- IMEI for phone to be unlocked (to locate the IMEI, dial *#06#OR go to Settings > General > About)
- Reason for unlock request: To work on international networks
After submitting your request, you will receive an email from T-Mobile with further instructions. Please make sure to complete the entire process BEFORE shipping your iPhone to BuyBackWorld.
That's it! Your device should now be unlocked and able to be used on any GSM network.